UK Export Finance is looking for a Social Issues expert to join its Environmental Advisory Unit.
The Senior Social Issues Adviser provides specialist advice on social and human rights aspects of case due diligence, manages and takes responsibility for the environmental, social and human rights (ESHR) due diligence and monitoring of cases; provides training on social issues within UKEF; contributes to the EAU’s reporting and assist the Head of the EAU with the development of EAU policy and procedures.
The main responsibilites of the role inlude:
Case managing and taking responsibility for ESHR due diligence and monitoring:
- Providing specialist advice on the social aspects of case ESHR due diligence and monitoring;
- gathering and appraising project information;
- benchmarking against relevant international ESHR standards;
- discussing project details with the Head of the EAU and Environmental Advisers;
- discussing projects with Business Managers, underwriters and customers;
- engaging with other Government Departments on potential sensitive cases;
- collaborating with environmental representatives of other ECAs, banks and international financial institutions;
- producing EAU reports;
- attending meetings with senior decision-takers to present cases as required; and
- monitoring performance and reporting on issued cases, including recommending subsequent action
Training other staff:
- coaching and assisting environmental advisers on social issues; and
- assisting with the development and delivering training to other UK Export Finance staff, including awareness raising presentations and project social and human rights training for underwriters.
Producing of management information:
- reporting on all issued guarantees, attendance at EGAC meetings to discuss specific case assessments, when required; and
- contributing to Executive Committee and Management Board reports and UK Export Finance’s Annual Report and Accounts.
Developing policy and procedures:
- assisting the Head of the EAU with the development of policy and contributing policy papers for Executive Committee and Management Board; and
- taking initiative in proposing and developing procedures for implementing the agreed policy.
Professional development and training:
- attending social, environmental and other relevant training courses;
- reading professional journals, magazines and news articles;
- attending relevant conferences and seminars; and
- obtaining Membership to a relevant professional institution.